Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No way, Tooth Fairy!....these teeth are mine!

Yesterday I was able to get Shiloh to eat about 2/3rds of a Yobaby yogurt and even though the containers are small, that was a lot of food compared to what I have been able to get her to eat recently.
She refused to finish the container though...even when I offered it to her twice later in the day.

Her gum was so ridiculously swollen and red, it looked horrible! Her tooth that popped through almost wasn't visible, it had swelled so much around it. She has at least one more tooth coming though I think it may be more like three more!

After all this pain & effort to get these teeth in, I'm thinking they'll be saved in a platinum box when they eventually fall out. I could then look at them and recall that this particular tooth was the result of 23 sleepless nights, 8 frozen teethers, 5 temper tantrums, about 3 ounces of Tylenol & Motrin, 2 migraine headaches....and a partridge in a pear tree!!

Nights are iffy at best...we had one night where she slept 5 1/2 hrs. straight, then last night she was up nearly every hour on the hour.
She's doing fine in her own room though...not noticing her being bothered by it.

I'm really dragging today, and to top it off. I wanted ice cream and an iced coffee today when I went out to run errands.
Well, my timing was bad...I went after the baby's morning nap.
They were just loading the ice cream into the coolers at the grocery store so you couldn't get over to look at them, they blocked it with two huge trolleys and were taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r!...and there was a super-long line at the drive-thru and Shi was already fussing at being put into a hot carseat soo...

I came home and had a diet coke instead. Which since I haven't had any caffeine in awhile (we've been drinking decaf) did its wonderful work and I had the energy to get the rest of my errands done around the house.
But Shi has been pretty clingy these days so if she can't have a hand in to help me with things, she thinks it's the end of the world.
Old magazines have been helping a lot, as long as she doesn't put it in her mouth, I let her sit at my feet and play , crumple, take apart, and shred a magazine when I *need* to get something done.
Its been much easier to clean up after her than trying to keep her hands out of my work!
Also I have found she's excellent at shredding old bills! ;)

No comments: