Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tissue Issues

Shiloh has her first cold, I think. :(
She did have a bit of stuffy nose when she was about 3 wks. old, but I think this is the real deal. I still keep hoping it's just the weather change....

She woke up several times last night and was congested, having trouble breathing and nursing at the same time. Today she mostly just has a super runny nose...that's she's just loving me wiping btw! She went through two tissues in just the first hour of waking...and it doesn't help that she keeps grabbing the tissues from my hands and trying to shred them!

She's being good-natured otherwise, playing and she ate some of her favorite...sweet potatoes.
I'm hoping to get a nap when she does but (today of all days), our neighbor on the side of the house where both of Shi's beds are...is tearing up his driveway with a jackhammer & a backhoe!!
The jackhammer scared Shiloh and she was clinging to my leg as I walked around so we ended up cuddling on the couch looking through a "One Step Ahead" magazine...and turning on the television to drown out the scary sounds a bit!
I have the Vicks vaporizer running today, and she has no temp so it's not too bad.

I think she's mostly over her fear of stuffed animals...not sure about the ones that make noise though, but last night she brought me her socks that she had removed....then she brought me her stuffed bear. So I put her socks on the bear.
She loved that, thought it was pretty funny....removed the socks and wanted me to put them back on the bear...and repeat....and repeat.
No fussing, she's been patting the bear on the head instead so that's a good sign.



No comments: