Tuesday, September 29, 2009

As easy as (pumpkin) pie

What does it take to grow a nice pumpkin?
A really nice pumpkin.
Plenty of sun, some water, talking to them maybe?
Dare I say some Miracle Gro couldn't hurt...
These gorgeous orange beauties were given to my girls by my Mom's boss....who grew them.
He has the special touch!
Just looking at them makes me feel like Fall.
Makes me want some apple cider and donuts, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, to walk through some crunchy, aromatic, fallen leaves....and cuddle under fleece blankets with a good book.


This one is Shiloh's....she claimed it. :)



This one is Vivian's...she tries to carry it around the house.




Now...
.
.
.
What is not conducive to growing gorgeous, happy, orange, pumpkins?
.
.
.
What might cause them to turn into the troll of the pumpkin patch?
.
.
.
Abandoning them as you travel during their crucial growing period, not supplying them with ample water and sunlight, allowing your yard to be overtaken by squirrels with a gang mentality?
.
.
.
Most certainly.
.
.
.
My pumpkin has a grudge.
.
.
.
My pumpkin does not bring me warm feelings of Fall.

Not too bad, you might say....the little pecked marks make it look like it has a little face (albeit minus one eye).
.
.
.
Dare you turn your back to it??

.
.
.






Looks like rather like a Picasso. See the nose, and one little eye and....oh the horror!
It's always watching you....Always Watching!!!

Well, Happy dreams. ;-)

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is the creepiest thing I think I have ever seen! It's right up there with Freddy Kruger... well, you don't need to carve it to make a Jack O' Lantern! :)