Saturday, November 14, 2009

Do you hear what I hear?

I've been quite busy the past few days.
I sewed up three more sets of curtains for the house. These were very long curtains so I needed to lay out the material on the floor for measuring since my tables weren't long enough, and that meant I had the added task of keeping the girls off of the fabric while I was measuring too!

I sewed up curtains for one of the bathrooms yesterday, and after DH came out of the room I asked him what he thought. *ahem* Typical guy, he hadn't even noticed!

I made curtains for the other bathroom today during Shiloh's nap. First time she went in there she said "oooh, new curtains! bery nice!" Then she even noticed the brand new towel I had hung up, and commented on that. I love that girl! :)

We took the girls to Lowe's the other day, and while DH was looking at boring orange & black, dusty electrical appliance-type things....I took the girls over to the Christmas department.
The girls were so awestruck! There were many blow-up decorations that moved and had fake snow on display, Moving and singing carolers as big as Vivian.
They had a Christmas City...not a little village, there was even a miniature working Ferris wheel and merry-go-round!
It was amazing! The girls also loved the Disney Princess decorations, they had globes where a princess spun and played music, and ones where fake glittery snow swirled around them.
As soon as I saw the girls excitement and saw that their Daddy saw their excitement too....I knew he wasn't going to be able to wait much longer to start pulling out the decorations.

Honestly, I was tempted to pull them out myself...the girls were just so enthralled by it all. :)

Ta da! We now have our Christmas village set up...no Ferris wheels though.


The stores were playing Christmas songs already too and Shi kept asking me "you hear it? you hear Crickiss?" lol

Despite her painful teething, Vivi is really starting to eat more. She gets her bib down from her highchair to let me know she wants to eat. I gave her part of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich right now and she is dismantling it....

She doesn't talk very much, but she really surprises me with what she understands and her ways of communicating.
I told her to wait because I needed a tissue first then I would help her with something, and she grabbed her nose and started making blowing noises!
I commented that I had to move the pumpkins and she ran into the next room to the pumpkins and started moving them.
Vivi was play cooking yesterday, and she stirred the spoon in the pot and then she'd blow on the spoon, then stir again, then blow, then pretend to taste.

*Then she pretended to serve her food onto her foot...but lets not go there. ;)

Today she was coughing, then started fake coughing and tried to pat her own back. lol. The farthest she could reach was more like patting her behind, so then she started patting her belly instead. cough, cough, pat, pat. :)

I tried a new recipe this morning "Blueberry Boy Bait" Not that we're looking at all to lure or bait any boys here! But it is a delicious recipe...though the girls don't care for it since they're not fans of blueberries.


Here is a picture of the hat I knitted for Shiloh. The flowers are crocheted and they took me a ridiculously long time to make since I kept making mistakes. lol.

No comments: