Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Parenting at the break of dawn

Shiloh woke up around 4:30 this morning calling for me and needing to use the bathroom.
I helped her with that, tucked her back in bed and climb back into my own bed.
"Is she asleep already?" DH asks.
"I don't know, I just put her back in her bed." I reply.
DH: "She let you walk away?"
Me: "I don't hear anything so that's good. But if you hear anything, I don't want to hear it."

Good thing I went right back to sleep too, so I was well-rested when Vivi started screaming an hour later, which was surely teething-related.
DH: "Just put her on the floor and let her play."
Hmm, the dark floor of our bedroom? I'm pretty sure she didn't wake up because she was bored....
I brought her downstairs and finally got her to fall asleep on the couch with me...just about in time for Shiloh to wake up for the day.
Sleep...uh yeah, who needs that? highly overrated...

This morning Vivian figured out if she pinches her nose, she can make a snorting noise. She thinks it is the funniest thing and really it is quite hysterical.
She also managed to get her leg stuck in her little lawn chair today. She was standing there with her leg through the seat of the chair, and she's swinging her stuck leg wildly while making mad noises.
Reminded me so much of a mad cat, when they're really upset and will just sit there but their tails will be swishing furiously. lol

She fell down and apparently hurt her hand earlier today too. She came running over to me whining with her hand outstretched. She then tapped her hand on my lips and ran off giggling and happily playing again.
It's one of those developments of motherhood - Mother's instinct, wider hips, and magical healing kisses...

No comments: