Friday, November 27, 2009

Shopping (sans crowds)

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as I did. :)
Always so good to enjoy my Mom's cooking...and vast amounts of it at that!

Vivi was refusing to eat until I shoved a bit of mandarin orange in her mouth, after that she ate pretty well and tried some stuffing and sweet potatoes and more oranges and mixed fruit.
She also took a nice long nap on the couch next to my Grandma, while the other children ran around.
Shi didn't nap...at all, not even on the car ride home.
Oddly enough, she gets rather hyper when she's overtired....then crashes.
She slept for 13 hours last night! She had to make up for missing her usual long naps.

Our table has been delivered to the furniture store! I'm so excited, I want to run over to the store and just look at it. lol.
It's not being delivered *here* until next week though, because DH wants to be here when it arrives...which I do appreciate but still, I'm impatient.
It did give me time to finish up my extra shopping today though and take advantage of some good online deals.
I'm not one to venture out on Black Friday...especially with the crowds and swine flu so rampant here.

I was able to get the rest of the chair cushions and a pad to protect the table (goes under the tablecloth) with free shipping so that was really nice.
I also bought some shoes for Shiloh online. I'm a bit nervous about that since she doesn't get to try them on, but I got her a larger size to allow for comfort/growth/and manufacturing differences and they have "Dora" on them so she'll be happy with the appearance aspect of them as well.
They're also hightops so hopefully we won't have so many occurrences of shoes falling off, plus I love the nostalgia. :)
I loved my first hightops, I thought they were so cool and I still remember that. lol.
In retrospect they probably made me look really short, especially since I'm not that tall to begin with...but I can't very well get Shi some platforms so we'll stick with the Dora hightops for now.

No comments: