Thursday, December 10, 2009

An elf's work is never done...

Yesterday it snowed and then snowed some more. Today it's mostly windy but we did get a few flurries too.


So after my sleep-deprived night/day yesterday...What did I do but stay up until 2am helping DH assemble the girls' kitchen set for Christmas!
Surprisingly, I'm not as exhausted as I thought I would be. Coffee is good. :)

I figured out why the kitchen was soo inexpensive...they didn't do squat at the factory! Every little, itty-bitty piece required assembly!
Vivi was awake, off and on, during that time since her teeth were bothering her so she got a little playing time with the set before we tucked it away until Christmas.
The set has little red stovetop burners that light up when you turn the knob. (Of course all Christmas toys require batteries...it's a given!)
Vivi kept turning the knob to light up the burners, then when they glowed she'd start blowing on the burners until the light went out again.
It was so funny!


I had to run out to the bank this morning and since it was bitter cold and windy, I decided to go through the drive-thru which I haven't done in ages.
Instead of the nice simple drawer that rolls out from the teller they have a new drawer, it's hard to explain but the sides open up and this metal shelf rolls towards you.
All I could think it that it looked like the mouth of a vampire from Blade 3.

Scary.

"Please don't eat my arm! It's a deposit!!!!"


Needless to say, I think I'll do my banking inside from now on...
((I couldn't find a picture of the shelf to show here...I can find a picture of the vampire, but it's just too scary))

I was trying to take a picture of our Christmas tree without flash...when Vivi bumped my arm. lol
Presenting the Neon-Electric-Worm Tree!

Today we also changed the girls' beds. Moving Vivian from a crib to a toddler bed and moving Shiloh from a toddler bed to the daybed (that the crib converts into).
Shiloh took her nap in her bed and seems to love it. She thought it was a gift for Christmas so she kept saying "Oh thank you! Merry Christmas!" :)


Hopefully Vivi will like her new bed too.












No comments: