Friday, April 02, 2010

Oh gag me!

I had my dentist appointment yesterday and I did good.
I did not throw up....I did however gag when the dentist shoved the little cardboard thing (to take an x-ray) toward the back and top of my mouth.
Then the Dentist with his thick Indian accent said "ooh...that make you gag a little?"

My mind said "Yes!!! And if you like your shoes, you won't do it again!"
My mouth was more polite...and terrified respectful of the "man-who-holds-the-drill".
A broken arm of the chair, duct tape, laminated birch-look wallpaper, and a clock that read 7am at 10:30am did nothing to bolster my confidence, I must add.
I have my appointment with the dental surgeon...(uh scary!), next week, and apparently I'll have a panoramic x-ray done of my teeth. Ooh la la!
I looked up the machine and the benefit to me is that it doesn't look likely to gag me! That is always a benefit.
Otherwise I'm just not going to think about it today...or tomorrow...

Shiloh is much better now. She had a persistent fever that one day and I had to alternate Tylenol and Motrin because it kept coming back before one medicine wore off and was in the 100-101 degree range and Shi would start feeling bad again, but the next day the fever was gone and she's been basically normal.
Vivian caught the cold and had a low-grade temperature in the 99 degree range and she's had more cold-like symptoms of a runny nose and hoarse voice.
She scared me this morning when she woke me at 5am..."Mama! Mama! Ow-ow-ow-ow! Mama! Ow-ow-ow-ow!"
Vivian is a toughie, so I expected all the worst possible things.
She was warm but was not tugging at her ears, so I think it was a sore throat...she was hoarse later in the morning.
After I gave her Tylenol, she fell right back asleep and slept in this morning too, over 12 hours total!

I found a couple brightly-colored plastic Easter eggs in my cupboard, so I pulled them out for the girls to play with. Shiloh flew over to me to take the eggs, just so excited, then she saw that the eggs were empty.
Her face fell "Awwww....the chickens are gone!!!"
Lol, ;-D

1 comment:

Khourt said...

Glad your children feel better! The chicken comment is too funny!