Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to My Mom, and to all the Moms and Moms-to-be (Charith) today! :)
I woke up this morning to snow! Yes, it is May 9th...and we have snow.
I need to find a place to move the girls seedlings now so they don't get too cold, according to the weather, tonight will be even colder...below 30 degrees.



Such crazy weather, we have boots with sandals and winter coats next to bicycle helmets! Shiloh is actually wearing two long-sleeved shirts (one of them a thick fleece), jeans, and then has bare feet with sandals....


We are postponing any Mother's Day celebrations here. I am still very sore, swollen, bruised, and on a soft diet...and not exactly feeling celebratory!


Host: "Do you have Reservations?"


DH: "Yes, my wife is with me"


Host: "The blonde, Sir?"


DH: "Uh, no...the black and blue one"


Host: "Ah, I...see..."


DH: "Do you have a soft menu?"


Host: "Sir??..."


DH: "Applesauce? Jello? Broth?"


Yum...tasty!


The photo evidence...I have another picture showing off my swollen chipmunk cheek but it's just too odd.

The bruise is now black and brown shades, even more lovely, looks like I got a smudge of grease on my jaw. It's too sore to even attempt to conceal with make up, but I don't think that would help much anyways. See...this photo was taken this morning.


I know I needed to have these wisdom teeth removed, but whoa!
They say that after age 30 it is much more painful because the bone is harder and more difficult to remove the teeth, and also recovery is slower.
Yay, another benefit to aging! But also after age 30 it is much less likely that my top wisdom teeth will move or cause me problems and require removal, so that is a plus.

I still feel pretty miserable, so I hope this post isn't too whiny...especially for Mother's Day.
I'm on a steady diet of pain meds, and I can tell the time by 4 hour intervals. lol.

The girls are being pretty good, they haven't fussed when Mama can only read them one bedtime story at night instead of three because it hurts too much to talk that much.
It's been wonderful that the girls are so close in age and get along so well. They've been playing together and keeping each other entertained, and like to watch the same shows and movies too.
It's too cute to watch them laugh at the same part in their cartoons. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Ouch! That looks so painful!