Monday, May 24, 2010

Put me in the Zoo

The girls have a few books which I am requested to read to them sooooo many times, that I have them memorized. They think it's pretty neat when I am "reading" them the book from across the room. :) Now Shi is trying to memorize some of them too.


"Put Me in the Zoo" is one of those books.

I feel like I am in the Zoo already, some days! Though...(as the book says) "...with all the things that you can do, the Circus is the place for you!" that might be true too.. ;-)

Vivian has been sleeping awful these past few days. I'm not sure if the heat has something to do with it, but I know potty-training is a factor. I seem to remember Shiloh having some sleep trouble when she was training also. (We're still using diapers at night too) Vivi is asking to use the potty a lot at night, which I am not sure how much is just an excuse not to go to bed and how much is real needs. Sometimes she pees...sometimes not. She knocked on her door last night until I opened it...then said she had to poop, which I checked and she was certainly right.

I put her on the potty and she was fine for a minute, then freaked and screamed until she finally did poop in the potty...and then she was fine, just leaving me with a slight ringing in my ears! Sooo much drama.

Then she ended up falling asleep at 9:45pm...and waking at 5:30am. Ugh.

At least potty-training is going well, and she seems to be learning pretty quickly. Vivian - being Vivian - has decided that she is not going to use a baby potty chair when everyone else is using a regular toilet! The seat of her potty chair will attach to the toilet so that makes it much easier, and I don't have to balance her the whole time. But even with a step stool, she's not big enough for her feet to even reach when she's sitting here. She looks so tiny! :)

I did find a reason for her non-stop eating and no weight gain. She has grown 1 1/2" in height just since March! I am jealous...I could use some more height and here she is growing so fast! ;-) I'm probably shrinking actually from lugging her around everywhere, she's been pretty clingy to Mama lately.

The other day we were getting ready to go out and I asked her to go find Shiloh because Shi needed to put her shoes on. She went running to Shi "Shalah! (Shiloh) shoe! Shalah! shoe!" lol. Shi understood. :)


No comments: