Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terro Liquid Ant Bait - a review

We were having trouble with sugar ants.
Usually we would just see a few and spray around the house, around the doors etc. and that would be it.
This time we just kept finding random "seeker" ants all over. I would reach in the bookshelf and find an ant or pick up a paper off the table and find an ant.
It was driving me nuts!
I exhausted myself and deep cleaned the whole downstairs, emptying the girls toy bin and washing all their toys in case something there was attracting the ants and I didn't even find any in the girls' stuff...I vacuumed and scrubbed but the next day I was still finding ants in random places.

So I put out some Terro Ant traps in the places where I had most often seen the ants. This involved placing one behind the bookshelf because I didn't want to girls to come in contact with the bait at all.
I had heard good things about Terro online. Actually if you look there are lot of videos online of ants swarming these traps....some people are a little bored?
It is gross.
...and it happened! Though not to the magnitude shown in those videos but it's really hard not to kill those ants when you see them.
I suggest putting them down before you go to bed, then you can sleep obliviously to the colony of ants marching one by one through your house...hurrah, hurrah. :)
Anyways...the ants took the bait back to colony and that was it. I haven't seen a single ant since!
Yahoo!

I removed the bait now, because I heard that they can attract a different colony if you do not remove them after the first one is gone.
So I am pretty happy with this ant bait.
My only caution would be to put the trap on a piece of paper, the liquid sometimes seeps out or spills if it gets bumped and it is really sticky stuff. Oh and obviously keep them away from your kids!

No comments: