Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wayward Wednesday

Random musings on a Wednesday...
  • I wish my ant bait said whether it is supposed to trap the ants, or the ants are supposed to bring the poison back to the colony....or if it makes the ants drunk and they have a party on my countertops.

  • Shiloh thinks that canned laughter is funny...so she laughs at canned laughter...which is funny.

  • Vivian calls my knitting, "nin-ning"

  • I was walking around my house earlier with a "Daisy Duck" sticker stuck to my foot.

  • I realized that we (mostly the girls) have been eating 2lbs. of strawberries a week! Thankfully Aldi's makes them affordable. I looked up the benefits of strawberries today... "Strawberries have higher levels of vitamin c, fiber, folate and potassium than most other fruits like bananas, apples and even oranges." "...eating one serving (about 8-10 strawberries) a day can significantly decrease blood pressure, which may reduce the risk of heart disease." "Other studies showed additional benefits: Strawberries are found to reduce risk of cancer, enhance memory function and rheumatoid arthritis" ...and they taste delicious!

  • I hate when the cooking spray starts spraying when you are just trying to put the lid back on.

  • When I was complaining to Shiloh about something she did the other day, she started rubbing my back saying "it's okay, Mama. it's alright." lol

  • I gave Vivi a colorful new placemat that shows the United States. Then when cleaning up after her meal I spent a long time trying to wipe off a spot...that eventually I realized was part of New Mexico.

  • I moved my laptop and dining room table seating so I could have a better view of the hummingbird feeder. We then ended up watching a wasp eat at the feeder instead and gets itself tangled in a spiderweb and wait to see if the spider would come or wasp would free itself. Quite a cliffhanger! (the wasp freed itself...I won't leave you hanging.) :)

  • The other morning I decided we would have an "accident free" potty training day, I would take Vivi to the potty so regularly that she wouldn't have a chance for an accident. I was all gung-ho about it....and a few minutes later she pooped in her pants.

  • I can't recall ever opening a bad egg before, yet this week I opened TWO. Ugh, I almost threw up! ....twice!

I'm sure I have more random things to share but my Hubby will be home in a minute or two so I must close for now. :)

No comments: