Saturday, December 04, 2010

Three Wise Men and a Foolish Man too.

Happy Birthday to my Mom!! :)

I have a Sesame Street song stuck in my head. "A cookie is a sometimes food".
So depressing a song too.
Sometimes is not good enough! I want breakfast, lunch, and dinner cookies...or in other words "me want cookie!" ;-)

I've been finishing up some Christmas decorating.
We still have pumpkins on display because when I was going to put them outside for the squirrels, Shiloh got upset that the squirrels would scratch and bite her pumpkins.
I said "Well, I'm putting them out for the squirrels to eat them".
She said "Noo, put them back. I really like them."
The pumpkins are still in good shape so they are still on display at the moment.
Sorry squirrels...well not really.

I set up my delicate nativity display on the counter the other day. We also have a plastic toy nativity that is under the tree...at least most of it is. There might be an angel in the girls' toy kitchen or a camel in their doll house....you know.
Anyway Shiloh was with me when I set up the counter display and I explained what each piece was: Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, Wise Men and so on.
Yesterday she picks up a shepherd from the display and says "Hey Mom, Is this one the foolish man?"
"What?"
"Is this one the foolish man?"

Too funny! We've been singing the Sunday School song "The wise man built his house upon the rock and the foolish man built his house upon the sand" and she thought that was the same wise man that came to visit Jesus, so the Shepherd must be the foolish man.... ;-)

I love this age, so much fun.

No comments: