Friday, April 08, 2011

Approachable me..

I am used to little old ladies asking me for assistance when I am shopping, things like where the Jello is located or to reach something for them.

Lately though, the strangers asking me for assistance has gotten a bit...bizarre!
I recently had a man ask me what color the stripes were in a shirt. Kinda weird to me but he was trying to match a tie to a shirt and I think men are not so good at colors so I didn't think too much about it.

But yesterday I was walking up a shampoo aisle, and this older man asked for help with a bottle of shampoo he's holding.
I thought, oh that's sweet he's running errands for his wife and doesn't want to pick up the wrong shampoo for her.
Wrong.
Old man (with halitosis by the way) wants to find a shampoo for himself that will make his hair fuller so he doesn't have to blow dry it.
Ahem!
Where to begin....
  1. Old man needs a breath mint more than shampoo...
  2. Old man doesn't have enough hair to worry about making it fuller...
  3. Old man wants magic shampoo and is only looking at the cheapest brand in the store...
I politely told him that he was holding volumizing shampoo so that was what he wants.
"But" he persists "...will it make my hair fuller so I don't have to blow dry it?"
  1. Breath!
  2. Mint!
  3. I don't know...
  4. I don't care...
  5. What in the world are you blow-drying? Your hair is 1/2" long, blow-drying it is not going to make it stand up any taller. This is a fact.
Then annoying halitosis old man whines says "They don't have the conditioner that goes with this shampoo. Can I use this other conditioner...I probably should use the same conditioner, right?"
  1. Seriously?!?!?!
  2. I mean REALLY?!?!?!
  3. And again, Breath mint!
  4. "I'm sorry Sir, if you use that conditioner with that shampoo your head will explode...
  5. Also, If you keeping annoying me, your head will explode..."
  6. On the up side, the explosion should make your hair nice and full....and talk about a blow dry!
I am a harried Mom, with a cart full of kids who are snacking on graham crackers and covered in crumbs.
I have crayons and hairbows in my pockets.
My own hair has growing-out bangs that I haven't decided what to with yet so I had them pulled back into a quick elastic tie.
My eyes are bleary because neither of my children slept well the night before.
The whole reason I was in the aisle was that I was looking for dry shampoo.... need I say more?

I wouldn't have asked myself what Q-tip I should buy, much less which shampoo!
Ahem, okay rant over.

On a nice shopping trip to Target recently, we had just finished shopping and I was getting the girls into their coats when a Starbucks barista came out of the little cafe inside Target, and offered me a sample of their Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino.
(Sooo delicious!!)
But not only that he offered me one for each of the girls too!
So nice and the girls loved their drinks as well. The drink was made with soy too, so I didn't have to worry about Vivi's stomach. :)

The little cups were just the cutest, so I decided to reuse them as little containers for a mini herb garden.

Shiloh helped me fill the cups with dirt and seeds and kept saying "That was so nice of that Tygit man to give us these cups, Mama!" :)
We also started seeds of Acorn Squash, Zucchini, and Green Beans. I need to start some Tomatoes and I'm not sure if I want to do anything else yet...or if I'll have enough room too.
So excited that the weather has been nicer and I can start to think about planting and my garden. :)

No comments: