Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When it cools down..

When it cools down...it's a good time to turn on the oven. :)
I like to stock my freezer so that when the weather is so hot, I can just pull out a meal or bread etc. and not have to heat up my kitchen.
Our recent long-running heat waves really depleted my stock.
It was nice and cool, even a bit chilly, last night so I put my oven to work.
I made a double batch of tuna noodle casserole (not for freezing) and peanut butter oatmeal cookies....

I also baked two loaves of zucchini bread. I have different sized pans so that is why one loaf is so much smaller than the other.
I froze most of the cookies and both loaves of the zucchini bread.
But then the girls kept pestering me for some bread.
Shiloh: "can we have the bread that you make with the green things from the garden? Can we have the bread that is very good and has the things that we picked from the garden?" lol
So I had to take one loaf back out of the freezer. :)

The worst part is the dishes...all the dishes. So many dishes. This is the third sinkful of dishes I did during my bake-fest.
I'm trying to dry/save zucchini seeds again this year.
Last year's batch developed mold so I'm going to make sure these are super dry before I store them.
I just started working on knitting Shiloh's sweater now.
I finally had to put Vivian's sweater away because she kept insisting on wearing it around and saying "i warm now!".
Since it was 80+ in the house, wearing a sweater didn't seem like such a good idea. :)

No comments: