Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Barbie Cake

So Barbie Cake #1 came out pretty well, I think!
Shiloh was quite happy...and that's what really matters. :)


I cut the top off the second layer to make the cakes layer evenly...so then I frosted that with extra frosting. I guess that makes this the groom Ken cake? ;-)

A lot of work, especially since it was so warm and my frosting was getting soft.
But then because I used a pedestal cake stand, I couldn't fit the cake into the fridge...so I had a fan blowing instead. Not quite as good.
It was a lot of fun though, I could easily see myself doing many more. :)
Especially since the girls love it so much.
Makes it worth the effort.

I just used a simple Pyrex bowl and half of the cake batter for one layer.
Then washed, greased, and floured the bowl again and baked the second layer.

The hardest part was that using multiple colors of icing and having limited icing tips, meant a lot of washing.

I left the Barbie on the cake and was just cutting slices out around her.
After taking out several slices through the day, Shi said "Mom, The Barbie is starting to slide!"
Then Barbie had this little avalanche to the side...which was hysterical because we had raised her arms straight up when we put the candles on.
So it really looked like she was surprised at her slide. lol

No comments: