Monday, September 12, 2011

Re-Pillowing

I was busy doing a little sewing today.
I got one pillow cover done...well maybe done. (I'm toying with some additional ideas)
The original upholstered pillow is on the right, the remodel is on the left.

I've been wanting to add some blue to the living room so I think this fabric is a nice accent.
I set it on the couch to just see how it looked and Vivi instantly claimed it.
She ooh'ed over the softness and carried it everywhere.
So I know I have at least one vote in favor of the new pillows. :)

I have a little tweaking to do when working on the next pillow, but I don't think I'll get a chance to do any more sewing for at least a few days.
I have a little girl's birthday party to focus on! :)

And I have that Rainbow Barbie cake to focus on. lol
I'm doing my practice run tomorrow so we'll have cake to eat on her actual birthday.
I'm making a Barbie cake...but not Rainbow.
I'll tackle the "rainbowing" for her party. :)
So tomorrow I can see if the bowl that I'm planning is a good fit to make a proper "skirt" for the Barbie topper.

It's supposed to be hot and humid tomorrow too...excellent weather for frosting a cake, right? ;-)
Wish me luck!






No comments: