Saturday, March 24, 2012

The diagnosis is...

I had my Doctor appointment this week.
I was actually feeling so bad that day that I would have gone to Urgent Care if I didn't have the appointment already scheduled!
My ear was bothering me quite a bit so I was really getting nervous that it was an ear infection.

But the official diagnosis is that I have a sinus infection.
My ear has fluid in it but no infection at the moment.
So she said my ear either was infected and now it's clearing up....or else the sinus infection is irritating my ear.
I have three prescriptions including a strong antibiotic.
Unfortunately two out of the three medications have side-effects like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
So I am quite miserable after I take them. :-p
At least I only have five days of horse-pill antibiotics to take, I think those are the ones bothering me the most so hopefully I'll feel better overall once those are finished.
I used a heating pad on my ear/neck last night and that did help me to sleep a bit better so I think I'll try it again tonight.
It works nicely for me that the weather has cooled down a bit again, otherwise a heating pad would be  too hot to use.

My neck is still swollen and my throat/ear are still bothering me a bit but I'm not sure how long it will take for those things to improve.
The doctor also wants to see me next month to make sure I'm getting better...










No comments: