Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer...school

Our local library offers weekly prizes for readers during the Summer.
This week's prize was these adorable rubber rings.
So cute!

Shi has finished her work for the Summer, so we're just working on some things that she had a hard time with....like carrying a number such as 12 or 13, she always switches the numbers and carries the larger number instead of the 1 so that's one of the things we're working on.

She really liked learning tally marks in her schoolwork (which also resulted in my having the
"Day-O" song impossibly stuck in my head...but on the plus side, she thought the song was pretty cool) and gets excited whenever she sees tally marks anywhere.

We went out to eat today and she had a huge chocolate chip pancake.
DH started to cut it for her and she told him "I want 1/4 of my pancake, Dada.
No, that's a half! You need to cut it into fourths! Do you know 1/4, Dada?" lol

Shi's pencils and erasers at the end of the year. (I give her a pencil of each color, and we've already replaced the red one once).
So I did a little back-to-school shopping today. I have some new pencils on hand but we needed a new ruler, new crayons, and some notebooks (the paper kind, not the laptop kind). ;-)
Still nothing like the back-to-school lists the other people shopping were carrying around and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: