Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Girls Knit Shrug - Pattern

I've been doing a little crafting for Shiloh lately.
I put this heart decal on one of her shirts...finally!
I bought this decal when she was a baby, I was planning to put it on a onesie, lol.
It wasn't sticking too well...perhaps because it's so old?
So I bought some fabric paint and sealed the edges with that.
Sorry, I didn't realize I didnt have a pic of it completed, and now it's in a drawer and the girls are sleeping so...

Project #2
A shrug. Looks rather caterpillarly in this picture!
My model
My model...and a kiddo that has to jump in every picture with a weird face, lol.

I couldn't find a suitable pattern for this so I created my own.
I probably would leave off the ribbed collar part if I did it again, it looks tight to me but it's actually not and Shi says it doesn't feel tight...but it looks it.
Hmm...I might take it off anyways. I'll look at it a few times.
(I interrupted Shi's playing and she didn't give me all the time to analyze the fit that I would like)

The Pattern.
Girls Shrug - size 6
(Gauge: 12 rows K3,P3 Ribbing = 2")
I used size 7, and size 8 needles and worsted weight yarn.
Cast on 50 stitches on size 7 needles.
12 rows of K3P3 ribbing equals 2"
I changed the color every four rows.
Change to larger needles and work in stockinette stitch to desired length (minus 2" of ribbing).
Keep pattern going.
Switch to smaller needles and finish ribbing for sleeves.
Sew arm sleeves about 13" on each side.
Ta da!

Optional ribbing around opening.
Pick up 102 stitches (number needs to be divisible by 3 and 2) using a circular needle (size 7 or 8) around neck/torso opening.
Work 12 rows of K3P3 ribbing, continuing in pattern.
Bind off loosely and weave in all ends.

No comments: