Friday, August 24, 2012

My shrug!

I finally finished my shrug!
I had a hard time finding time to work on it, so thankfully it was extremely simple.
I even left the sleeves without ribbing, preferring instead the natural curl from the stockinette stitch...which gives it a bit of flared sleeve. (Love that!)
The color is a Deep Plum Heather.
 
I have some material I'd like to work with for my next projects...but then again there is this big stack of books from our library's book sale that's just calling my name!

4 comments:

doo said...

It looks great teri! I like the rolled cuffs too!

You look so much like your mum :-)

Mama to the Princesses said...

Thanks, Deb.
I hear that I look like Mom a lot, especially as I get older. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome. I'm wondering - how many stitches did you cast on for the adult-sized version?

Mama to the Princesses said...

I cast on 58 stitches, on size 10 needles, using Caron Simply Soft yarn.
I knit about 12 rows then held it around my arm to make sure it fit the way I wanted. Then I just kept knitting until it was the right length for me.
Measured from wrist to torso and sewed those seams together.