Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hello Fall!

What better way to ring in the Autumn Season than by visiting a Cider Mill and Craft show? :)
 
The weather was cooperating, it really didn't look like it was going to but it turned out to be a lovely morning.
I wish I had brought my camera because there were more photo ops than I expected, but then again I had my hands full with pushing the stroller on sand and gravel, keeping my eyes on the girls, and balloon animals that kept blowing away.
It was crowded but fun.
I should have made the girls wear sneakers though, they kept getting sand and pebbles in their sandals and they hate that.
I hadn't been there before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was quite nice.
They didn't have a petting zoo though, and I was looking forward to that.
I finally asked a staff member and he said they used to have a few goats, but not anymore.
 
Shiloh's eyes lit up at the sight of the candy apple stand, so we had to grab a couple!
The girls very first ones!
They licked them a bit and then we put them in the fridge, I think they'll last awhile and Mommy and Daddy will probably end up eating most of the apple! :)
The only downside was that Vivian wasn't feeling too great.
She's sneezy and stuffy.
I'm not sure if it's an allergy or she's coming down with a cold.
I gave her Benadryl last night for her skin and it seemed to work because she woke up itching & scratching 5 1/2 hours after I gave it to her.
It's supposed to last 4-6 hours.
I gave her another dose then and she slept through until morning.
I may have to look and see if I can find a longer-lasting allergy medicine for her age so she can actually sleep through the night though.
 
There was also a sluice, water mill, and covered bridge and those were really neat to see.
Then we saw a board showing different precious stones so I was having Shiloh try to read the names to me.
When she got to Pyrite and I asked her if she knew another name for it.
She thought for a moment and said "Yes, I do! It's Fool's Gold!"
I was agape "How did you know that?"
"I read it in a book!"
:)
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: