Wednesday, October 31, 2012

More Malaysia

More Malaysia...
Today we had a late lunch at the highest restaurant in Langkawi.
Quite possibly the slowest restaurant too. They served two people at a time with a good 15-20 minutes before the next two people were served and so on.
We had a total of 10 people with us! You do the math!
I had to tear apart a cardboard gum wrapper for Shi to write on to keep her busy. (She made me a card, how sweet! ;-)
Thankfully I had a mini etch-a-sketch that entertained Vivian.
The view from the restaurant. It rained off and on but we still had a decent view.
Then someone had the brilliant *ahem* idea to take a photo of the four kids on top of the vehicle. (what?!)
This is about two seconds before Shiloh started crying.
Poor kiddo, she has my family's grounded traits...as in, we like our feet on the ground.
BTW: I did not take this photo, I was standing just out of frame trying to keep Shi calm.

We saw lots of monkeys today.
Also tons of wild and tame cows all over the roads today.
This bull was tied to a branch....which he decided to take with him as he sauntered down the road, with two calves following him.
He was huge!
 
We found a Kenny Roger's restaurant here. In Malaysia!
Kind of crazy.
They had spaghetti, and salad with 1000 Islands dressing, and pasta salad.
The girls were pretty happy! ;-)
 
We were supposed to go to the beach today, but it ended up being overcast and rainy most of the day.
On the up side though, it was the first day we didn't sweat ourselves into a headache!
Anyways, hopefully we'll be able to do the beach tomorrow...although I think it will be mostly sand play since it's the salty ocean water and all those sea creatures. eek!
If there is one jellyfish around here, Miss Shiloh would be the one to find it!
Poor kiddo had these little bruises on her upper arm and I couldn't figure out where they came from.
The only thing I can think of is that they've come from the many times she's slipped in the bathrooms and I've grabbed her arm to catch her!
Ugh, at least they aren't bruises on her head or worse if I had missed her!
 

No comments: