Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Oh, the weather outside...

Christmas morning. :)
The girls were so calm.
They woke up at their usual time, got dressed and were doing puzzles in their room.
They were excited...but not in any hurry.
We had Gingerbread waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for our Christmas morning breakfast. yum!
 
Going through their stockings.
Playing Twister at Grandma's house.
Our tree on Christmas night.
I ran out to pick up some grocery staples early this morning in preparation for the snow storm (that we're currently in the midst of).
Then I had to run to the store to pick up a sled for the girls.
 I had decided that there was no sense in buying a sled for Christmas because then the girls would be very impatient for snow (and asking me every day if it's going to snow today), and then we might have weather where they couldn't really use it.
(It's happened before...surprisingly!)
So ironically enough, I end up having to get one the day after Christmas for our storm. haha!
 
They only had a few sleds left too.
I guess other people were were including sleds on their storm prep lists too. :)
 
Did you notice that they're now naming winter storms?
Apparently naming them helps
"....to better communicate the threat and the timing of the significant impacts that accompany these events. The fact is, a storm with a name is easier to follow, which will mean fewer surprises and more preparation." - per the Weather Channel
 
Okay, but seriously...."Winter Storm Euclid" just sounds like a nerd with a snow globe.
EEeeekkk!
 
"Oh, the weather outside is...nerdy.
But I'm feeling kind of....flirty.
So after my husband gets home...
Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow..."
 
Yeah, that works.
Artists will be knocking on my door any second, asking me to write songs for them. ;-)
 

No comments: