Monday, March 11, 2013

Venturing out...

Today was supposed to be a beautiful day...but it really wasn't weather-wise.
I was chatting with a lady today about the weather and distracted her so much she forgot where she had parked her car. ;-)
I took the girls to the library. I wanted to look through the pre-teen books so we searched there first (and found a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book for Shiloh. yay!) but there was a man reading near that area and there was an awful smell coming from him. :(
So needless to say we didn't get to look through the books in that area for very long.
But it was a good opportunity for explaining to the girls that we need to be polite and not rude, and that we don't know if this man had a health problem or some other condition...and so on.
 
Then we went to the grocery store, which is under renovation.
I didn't realize the work was going to start quite so soon. They measured the aisles so two carts could just barely pass each other.
That made shopping pretty difficult with two little kids.
I had Vivian squished between me and the cart and Shiloh right behind me.
Ironically enough, I had written out my shopping list specifically by aisle so that I could get my groceries very quickly.
Well, that didn't work at all since they moved stuff everywhere.
BUT I still think it was a good idea. ;-)
 
The girls have been wanting bathrobes (like Mommy's!) for awhile.
I've been looking around and finally found these cute robes at KMart.
(Vivian made cheesy poses in every photo!)
I'm jealous though, my robes aren't nearly this cute! :)
They wear them all the time now!
 
Today's school snack (well, one of many snacks through the day!), baby carrots with hummus or spicy ranch dressing for dipping.
I thought mostly Vivi and I would snack on these, but Shiloh loved the ranch dressing.
We ended up going through all the baby carrots and they still wanted more so I cut up some carrot sticks.
Tomorrow maybe I'll add some broccoli and see how that goes over.
I've done little fruit trays for them but a veggie one would be even better!
I'm excited that Shiloh enjoyed the carrots so much.
Even with all her missing teeth which had to make eating them difficult!

No comments: