Thursday, April 11, 2013

The proof is in the....

...Reading test!
One thing about Homeschooling is that you know how smart your kids are, you know their strengths and weaknesses but you don't get the bragging rights that other parents seem to flaunt.
"My kid is Student of the Month!"
"My kid got a 100 on their spelling test!"
"My kid got a Good Citizen award!"
I could flaunt those things but it's hollow and dismissed since I'm both Mom and Teacher.
 
Anyways, some friends were giving their children an online Reading test and sharing the results.
So I tried it with Shiloh and she scored that she's reading at a 5th grade level!!!
5th grade! My little 6 year old!
:) :) :) Woohoo!! :) :) :)
 
My girls studying today... :)
This is what fascinated them...
 Shi's Math book had her adding fractions to make a whole by having her match the child to the kite.
Just such a cute way to teach it! I love it!
The girls have also been such helpers around the house.
Vivian learned to fold socks and she loves to help with the laundry.
Shiloh has started to help with the dishes.
She loves it (and doesn't play the whole time).
When her Daddy said he would wash the dishes this morning, she hopped up on her step stool and said "No Dad, I got it!  ;-)

No comments: